Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My "horror-scope"


Yesterday, January 23, I was two-months-and-a-day old. It was time for me to go for my first vaccinations. But before we could do that, my Mom had to go out and vote. Yesterday was also Election Day in Canada.

The outgoing MP in our riding and I have something in common. We share November 22nd for our birthday. Admittedly, that is a very tenuous connection but what that means is, whatever my horoscope says, the same goes for him. I can't read the newspapers yet, but I think my horoscope yesterday said I should 'be prepared to suffer some pain'.

Well, my shots did hurt alright! I cried "Mama!" so loud! She had to give me some Tempra from a medicine dropper last night.

Meanwhile, our outgoing MP? He outwent - i.e., he lost the election. Boy! that must have also hurt. I was just wondering, was he taking his Tempra by the glassful last night?

Tia Monica, if you're reading this from Manila - there will be no corn roast this summer. Vote counts from our riding were:
BQ - 21,403, Liberals - 20,100, Tories - 9,000.
Canada-wide, the Tories won a minority government. Final results for the 308-seat House showed Conservatives with 124 seats; Liberals with 103; the Bloc Quebecois with 51, New Democratic Party with 29; and one seat to an Independent, the shock jock Andre Arthur from a Quebec City radio station.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home