Friday, September 08, 2006

An Accidental Tourist


My Mom had a one-day course at an inn in Ile D'Orleans, an island in the middle of the St. Lawrence River just past Quebec City. While my Mom sat indoors listening to lectures, Lola Mely, Lolo Phil and I were outdoors taking in the river sights.



Meal time at the inn. Lola is still scanning the menu, trying to decide what to order for breakfast. I already know what I'm getting. I can see my Mom preparing it on my special plate.



We drove around the island. We stopped at a vineyard in the village of St. Petronille. The sign says "Please do not touch the grapes"!! (Click on the picture for a closeup.) Lolo and Lola stopped to taste some wine and buy a couple of bottles.


On the way home, we stopped by Quebec City to do more sight-seeing around the Chateau Frontenac.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home